What Color Should You Choose for Your Metal Roof?
Whether your Appleton home is in need of a metal roof replacement or you’re looking into a metal roof installation, you’ll want to schedule a color consultation with a roofing contractor. Metal roofing color options have expanded over the years considerably, so the color selection process isn’t something you want to rush.
What Should You Keep in Mind as You Select a Metal Roof Color?
- Color options for modern metal roofs include neutral shades such as charcoal, slate gray, and stone white and bold colors such as pacific blue, forest green, colonial red, and teal. Typical metallic finishes are also available in an array of colors, such as copper and champagne.
- When having a color consultation with your roofing contractor, you’ll review a selection of colors that are popular in your area as well as colors that your roofer recommends.
- Metal roof colors can be customized, but you may have to pay more for these personalized colors.
- Depending on your preferences, you can choose a color that flatters your home’s features, such as the exterior siding, doors, and windows, or a color that contrasts with these exterior elements.
- Consider selecting a shade that complements the environment and landscaping that surround your home.
- Your roofing contractor will probably speak to you about your metal roof’s heat absorption and its impact on your HVAC system and energy efficiency. Generally, light colors repel heat, but dark colors absorb heat.
- If your home has a low roof with a shallow pitch, a dark color appears to shrink the home, but a light color appears to expand it. Dark colors are recommended for tall roofs only.
- Before purchasing a metal roof in a particular color, look at the color sample in natural light at all times of the day to ensure that you’re satisfied with the color as natural light shifts throughout the day.
Part of your roofer’s job is to make sure that you’re satisfied with the color you select for your new metal roof. If you have any questions, ask them freely. A reputable roofing contractor like Oakwood Exteriors, LLC will be eager to answer your inquiries to make sure that you’re pleased with the new metal roofing on your Appleton home.
If you are looking for a Appleton roofing contractor, please call Oakwood Exteriors, LLC at 715-432-8202, or complete our online request form.